Defibrillation Testing of the Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator: Habit or Necessity?
- Volume 10 - Issue 1 - January 2010
- Posted on: 1/5/10
- 1 Comments
- 8341 reads
1. Pires LA, Johnson KM. Intraoperative testing of the implantable cardioverter-defibrillator: How much is enough? J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 2006;17:140-145.
2. Gold MR, Breiter D, Leman R, et al. Safety of a single successful conversion of ventricular fibrillation before the implantation of cardioverter-defibrillators. Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 2003;26:483-486.
3. Higgins S, Mann D, Calkins H, et al. One conversion of ventricular fibrillation is adequate for implantable cardioverter-defibrillator implant: An analysis from the low energy safety study (LESS). Heart Rhythm 2005;2:117-122.
4. Blatt JA, Poole JE, Johnson GW, et al. No benefit from defibrillation threshold testing in the SCD-HeFT. J Am Coll Cardiol 2008;52:551-556.
5. Day JD, Doshi RN, Belott P, et al. Inductionless or limited shock testing is possible in most patients with ICDs/CRT-D: Results of the ASSURE Study. Circulation 2007;115:2382-2389.
6. Strickberger SA, Klein GJ. Is defibrillation testing required for defibrillator implantation? J Am Coll Cardiol 2004;44:88-91.
7. Curtis AB, Ellenbogen KA, Hammill SC, et al. Clinical competency statement: Training pathways for implantation of cardioverter defibrillators and cardiac resynchronization devices. Heart Rhythm 2004;1:371-375.
8. Birnie D, Tung S, Simpson C, et al. Complications associated with defibrillation threshold testing: The Canadian experience. Heart Rhythm 2008;5:387-390.
9. Rosenheck S, Sharon Z, Weiss A. Long-term follow-up of patients with relatively high effective defibrillation threshold during cardioverter defibrillator implantation with endocardial leads. Cardiology 2009;112:107-113.
10. Shukla HH, Flaker GC, Jayam V, Roberts D. High defibrillation thresholds in transvenous biphasic defibrillators: Clinical predictors and prognostic implications. Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 2003;26:44-48.
11. Bianchi S, Ricci RP, Biscione F, et al. Primary prevention implantation of cardioverter defibrillator without defibrillation threshold testing: 2-year follow-up. Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 2009;32:573-578.
12. Pires LA, Lehmann MH, Steinman RT, et al. Sudden death in implantable cardioverter-defibrillator recipients: Clinical context, arrhythmic events and device responses. J Am Coll Cardiol 1999;33:24-32.
13. Pires LA, Hull ML, Nino CL, et al. Sudden death in patients with transvenous implantable cardioverter-defibrillator systems: Terminal events, predictors and potential mechanisms. J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 1999;10:1049-1056.